Tuesday 6 September 2016

[Review] Guardians of Harmony Celestia and Nightmare Moon, Build-a-bear Eevee, Tsumtsums

  I'm back! In the time I've been away, I've been keeping the things that were sent to me in a corner, so now I've got a bunch of things to review!
I'm pretty excited; let's just dive in.

First up, I have the Guardians of Harmony Celestia 8" figure; this figure is really impressive, especially for a product from Hasbro - the age on the packaging states 4+; but really, I think it's more of a collector's figurine, given the quality of the product. This series just hit stores, so if you're lucky, you might be able to find the set.

 Here are some shots of the box.
 Back of the box.
 Celestia out of the box - If you notice, in comparison to her box art (seen above) the colours of her mane are inverted - the blue and pink. Additionally, the box art shows her hair as more transparent, whereas in her official figure, the blue is transparent and the pink is painted on.
 Close up of the figure itself; her wings are actually articulated, and can move and rotate - to a limit. Because of Celestia's massive mane, her wings are limited in their range of motion. The paint job is quite decent on this figure, unlike on her funko vinyl, where one would have to check for paint flaws which are more common in that line of figures. You'll also notice her background is within her castle.
 I also received nightmare moon; also from the same series as the previous Celestia figure. This line also has Discord; which I do not have.
 Side of the box.
 Back of her box.
 Unlike Celestia, Nightmare Moon is actually more accurate to her original artwork - I see no changes between the prototype picture and the actual figure.
 Close up of the figure - she's in a rearing position. Her mane is transparent with glitter, and her wings have a much better range of motion than Celestia's. I'm glad I was able to get both sisters, but I would have to say that out of the two, Celestia is my favourite. Both girls are able to stand freely on their own; as their manes make up the bulk of their "stand".

 Additionally, I also received a few more things to review. The new build a bear Eevee, plush, the San Diego Comicon 2016 Tokidoki Moofia set, and some tsumtsums.

 This Tokidoki set is a SDCC 2016 exclusive, and was available for purchase at the convention. The box is in the shape of a fridge, which is appropriate because in this line of figures, the characters are all modeled after various dairy products.
 You can open up the front of the box which is held by a magnet, revealing 2 of 3 figures.
 Out of the box you can see the two previous figures, and the third one is hidden on the bottom. It's hidden because there is a chance that you could receive the chase variant of the third character, or the normal one.
 Unfortunately, it looks like I received the regular Latte instead of the sickly glow in the dark variant - which is okay, I still think he's pretty cute! These three figures are pearlescent, and shiny. You have a milk carton, a soy milk carton and a latte carton.
Back of the figures show a "missing person".
I also received a few new tsums to add to my collection! The top orange cat is Dinah, from Alice in Wonderland, the green dragon is Elliot from Pete's Dragon, beside him is Ortensia (a disney original character), on the left I've got baby Dory, from Finding dory, below her his Daisy dressed as a chick. On the right of the box, I've got the carousel horse and hippo from disney's Fantasyland. The middle 4set box is an exclusive from Japan!

 I was also given this Eevee! It came out the first week of September and sold out within the release day according to local stores. Eevee is a popular character from the well known anime franchise "Pokemon". Eevee is a normal type pokemon with the ability to adapt to its surroundings and evolve into a new pokemon based on its environment.
 This plush is about the size of a regular build a bear on all fours, and is extremely soft. It's tail is pretty big as well.
 Eevee has paw pads on all four feet, as well as the build a bear logo on one of its feet. I have been told that there might be a restock, however - Eevee is a limited edition plush, and most likely will sell out within the day if the stores decide to do a restock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?